|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (6)
Fixed the tank! *PIC*
Posted By: Martin Thoene <email@example.com>
Date: Sunday, 23 January 2005, at 8:54 p.m.
After much work remodelling the 30 breeder that used to house our kuhlis, I discovered a seam weeping. So I stripped the whole thing down, cleaned it, stripped out the old silicone and redid it.
After 24 hours, I put it all back together again. The wide floorprint of the breeder tank certainly gives good depth to the scene. Lots of bogwood and driftwood. I used one branch to tier the gravel at the rear. Tank is filtered by a cycled Aquaclear 150 and a Penguin 110, plus there's a MiniJet 404 giving some sideways current across the back. I filled it with aged water from another tank. Still a bit cloudy at present because there is Latterite in the gravel/sand mixture.