Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Re: Great fish, Barbara!

Posted By: Barbara <bjmaitri@megalink.net>
Date: Thursday, 6 March 2003, at 1:04 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Great fish, Barbara! (SusanA)

they are very playful. when I do water changes, if they've been sleeping, they come out and explore....very curious about everything. A new val in the tank (when i first added plants) and they were up and down the length of it. They like sticking their noses into the outflow of a sponge filter or endlessly swimming in a figure 8 around the two suction cups that attach the outlet to the tank wall (well, one does this daily!)....The other night when this one female in particular looked ever so plump, they were schooling, chasing, nudging, totally playing at warp speed and kept it up all night as far as I know as in the morning they were still at it when the lights came on! When I re-introduced a breeding net contraption awhile back, they spent over an hour exploring it...skimming along the surface of the net and between it and the tank wall....I don't like to keep it in there all the time, and if I am gone not at all, as a couple of times one has managed to get trapped inside it during the overnight hours. When I had a sponge filter with a plastic tube on the top where the air bubbled up through it, they would swim down the tube...loving the bubbles/air? i guess. one of them likes to sleep half in and half out of the entrance to one of those flowerpot caves. As you can see, I find them totally engaging...of course the clowns I just got are going to be another favorite I can tell already...very funny and curious fish as well.

The nice thing about these dwarf s. petricolas (I now find out some are NOT small) is that their max size is about 4" long.

Messages In This Thread