Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Re: COOL!!!!

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Monday, 4 November 2002, at 7:09 p.m.

In Response To: Re: COOL!!!! (peterinwa)

Don't get a 5 like I did. If anything, get another 10. You know why? 5's aren't all that common, so you have to buy everything in pieces, unlike 10's when you can get kits. Also, EVERYTHING you buy for a 5 costs about the same if not more than stuff for 10's, so you might as well have that much more water volume. For example, a 10 gallon tank is $10, whereas a 5 gallon tank is $13. You're already losing just on the tank alone. Also, you can get an entire 10 gallon kit with flourescent hood for under $50, albeit the heater and filter aren't the greatest but will work, especially if only for a q-tank.

You'll spend $13 for a 5.5 gallon, about $30 for a hood, and you still don't have a heater or a filter.

So, my recommendation is either get new larger tank, and keep your 10 for q-tine, or get another 10 for q-tine. Unless you have a specific reason for having a 5.5, like I did.

I got a 5.5 because I know smaller tanks are hardest to maintain. I figured if I can maintain an overstocked smaller tank, a large, understocked tank should be a breeze!

Just kidding, I really wanted a small tank in the bedroom, not that we're lacking space in a 400 sq ft. bedroom, but just for aesthetic purposes in a specific spot.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Retu