|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (3)
Posted By: Isla <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wednesday, 23 January 2002, at 8:20 a.m.
Just been reading through some of the things on the site and re-read the article on Internal Parasites.
I seem (touch wood) to have escaped any encounters with internal parasites so far and consider myself lucky as I have approx 20 loaches, all of which I assume are wild caught. Being the ever worried fish keeper, Id like to know that I could treat my fish efficiently and quickly if needed but the article states that Levamisole only works in a pH of 7 or less.
My question would be, how would you recommend lowering the pH to a level where treatment would be effective? Ive read about pH down but also read that pH is linked to KH and unless you have reduced your KH, you pH will bounce straight back up - this is all dutch to