|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (3)
My clown won't eat!!
Posted By: sushi
Date: Thursday, 6 December 2001, at 4:05 p.m.
I have three clown loaches (1.5 inches each) and have had them now for three weeks in a 29g tank. Two are doing great but the third is just shriveling up.
When I told the lfs where I got the guys, that I thought the little guy had internal parasites and if he had any medicine, his response was "You have to keep them fat, to be happy and healthy"
He went on to ask a rhetorical question of "What happens in the wild to a clown loach with parasites? Does it die?"
So I ended up buying a bag of live worms (small little red things the guy said was mosquito larvae). The fish go crazy except the little guy. Three days ago, I saw him eat one! Yesterday, he came out of hiding, and I gently blew a big ball of worms on him using a turkey baster, and he reacted by backing up out of the way of the fall