Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

It's a Loachy Thing..

Posted By: I.M. Loachy <edaverill@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 8 November 2001, at 12:08 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I've Been Told Of... (Sarah)

..that the little fellows DO have individual personalities and behaviors. I had heard that yoyos sometimes got aggressive, yet my pair only chase each other and have become honorary clown loaches (it's interesting to see four largish clowns dancing with two two-inch yoyos). My modestas, on the other hand, are as stereotypically modesta as you can get - loud, aggressive, full of attitude (I've had my Queen Modesta come up to the glass when I was feeding them, fluff her gills, show me her spines, then kick gravel at me! I guess I was told off pretty thoroughly... of course, I left the tank area to show her that yes, she was the Boss). My morletis seem to be about the same, although I've never been willing to risk damage to other fish and put them in with less aggressive species.

My friend has had similar issues with some tetras in the past - 90% of the school was peaceful, but a couple were insane fin-nippers and had to be taken back to the store, so I guess it's not just a loachy thing after all.

Just my loachy observations.

Messages In This Thread