Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Re: Dear Robroy

Posted By: Dr. Thoene-Momfish <kadarg@3web.net>
Date: Sunday, 17 June 2001, at 11:32 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Dear Robroy (Fred Johnston)

Don't get mad, but you've got too many fish in that tank. Geophagus species grow to 8 to 10 inches and in a planted tank where things are not going so well, they disturb the roots sufficiently that the plants just don't do well at all. I know because the only tank I have that has a Satanoperca leucosticta always ends up with floating Anubias and it's the only disaster tank I own. It's a hopeless case, in other words.

I think I've got too many tanks and too many fish and the worst of it is that I don't want to get rid of them. So there's a 125 gallon tank in the near future to add to my waterchange miseries. But the big cichlids need more than the 65 gallon long. .......sigh.......We live in an apartment (thanks to concrete for us not ending up descending upon the neighbours precipitously) and honestly, it's getting tooooo crowded.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.