Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: Homaloptera "ALERT" at Petsmart.

Posted By: jim powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Thursday, 17 February 2000, at 7:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Homaloptera "ALERT" at Petsmart. (Martin Thoene.)

Martin: What do your H. zollingeri eat besides "awfuchs". The one I got two weeks ago is constantly grubbing around on the rocks, plants and glass. I have seen him show some slight interest in pelleted foods but not like the Gastomyzon. The new ones I got today are already actively working over everything in the tank. I have two Gastomyzon that are not nearly as active. Occasionally chasing each other around and cleaning the glass and rocks. One of the two regularly eats the pelleted food I offer it and a Cobitis taenia. The other is subordinate and rarely eats the pellets, only grubbing around on the glass and rocks. He must be eating enough since he has not gotten any thinner.Now if I could just find some H.orthogonatia (Saddle back loach). I am very surprised how little information there is on these fish. I have noticed many books use the same pictures but identify the fish by different names. Thank goodness for the info I have found in this Forum.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg