Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: Now I'm scratching....

Posted By: BB <nettech@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sunday, 21 March 1999, at 11:15 p.m.

In Response To: "Holy Hopping Fish! Batman" (Dr. Momfish)

my head wondering why anyone would add peppers to filter media or to a tank when pepper based medications are for enducing excessive slime production in treatment of disease? Or are you suggesting using peppers as a preventative by continually causing fish to overslime? I wonder if entire peppers are needed or fish are more sensetive to contrations of such things? After all we wouldn't administer the same dosage of antibiotics to fish would we? Or are treatment all scalled to the weight of the fish. Perhaps a half pepper would be safer:) There has to be some stress induced by constant oversliming.

Tell alex ice seems to help. I grow my own hot peppers here and after removing the seeds from some dried out peppers last year I made the mistake of using the restroom before washing my hands enough. Must be like a marcipiant oil?

No I'm not actually serious. I got your drift, information registered. I like to keep an open mind. There are things that often defy logic or common sence but for one reason or another they are what they are. BB

Messages In This Thread