|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (1)
Using Rain Water
Posted By: Angelica <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thursday, 10 December 1998, at 9:03 p.m.
I'm having major problems at the moment with ammonia and was wondering if anyone can help me. The problem is that the local water supply has been doctored with twice the usual chlorine/chloramine levels over summer, so I need to use 4X the normal water ager to remove chlorine/chloramine. This has resulted in residual ammonia that gets introduced into my tank, and a weekly ammonia spike following a water change (0.5-1ppm).
My poor loaches are feeling it the worst, as they swim up the glass out of stress (they do this repetitively until the ammonia is gone, a good indicator of water conditions, but not something I enjoy watching). Unfortunately, the temperatures are reaching 40 degrees celcius already, so I do not need to warm the water before putting it in the tank. This adds to my problem as the chlorine/chl